For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679),the data controller is LOWKEI Import/Export LLC (see Contact Details). LOWKEI Import/Export LLC is based in The United States of America and is responsible for data collected in relation to websites and tradeshows managed by LOWKEI Import/Export LLC.You should be aware that although LOWKEI Import/Export LLC may be principally responsible for looking after your personal data, information may be held in databases which can be accessed by other affiliated entities of LOWKEI Import/Export LLC.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time in order to keep it up to date and compliant with legal requirements. Please refer to the "Last Updated" date at the bottom of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. We may also notify you about significant changes by email, using the address you last provided or by posting an alert which will be displayed when you access our systems. This Policy is not intended to override the terms of any contract that you have with us or between buyers and suppliers (or any rights you might have available under applicable data protection laws).
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices. Please check these notices before you submit any personal information to these websites.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We collect your data in a variety of ways:
At Trade Shows, Roadshows, Seminars and Conferences
- We ask visitors to register their attendance by completing a form which we then enter into our systems.
- We ask visitors to update/complete data retrieved from previous registrations held in our system.
- We scan and store details of visitors’ business cards.
Booth Visit History
- Exhibitors use the Global Sources Supplier App to scan visitors’ badges when visitors call at their booths. Visit data is then uploaded to our servers.
Through Website Forms
Registration & Inquiry Forms
- We ask visitors to our online sites to register in order to personalize and use the site’s messaging functions. We support both a full and a lite registration mode that captures minimal data. Additionally, we have a self-registration function for suppliers who wish to register as an advertiser on our site.
- We capture details of site visitors’ subscriptions and preferences to services such as Notifications, Product/Supplier Alerts, Print Magazines, and eMagazines.
Sample/Small Order Forms
- We capture details of sample and small orders placed by visitors to advertisers on the site.
Private Sourcing Events
- We capture basic details of buyers interested in applying for our Private Sourcing service.
Call Center Activities
- We periodically contact people and seek information for market surveys and research questionnaires or to qualify prospects for our services or those of our advertiser community, e.g., to qualify potential:
- visitors to our shows and/or online sites, or
- advertisers/exhibitors to our shows and/or online sites
- Online users, and Trade Show visitors and potential advertisers contact us for enquiries, complaints, suggestions or feedback through our Customer Service Team via online chat system, hotline, fax or email.
- Additionally, there are small numbers of potential advertisers who call in. Their details are qualified and entered into our systems.
Systems Tracking Functions
We collect data from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties including third party software applications and social media platforms. The data collected through these third party sources will be combined with information we collect through our services where this is necessary to help manage our relationship with you.